4 ways BRANDS CAN RE-INVENT THEMSELVES
INVENT SURPRISING SOLUTIONS — PUSH YOURSELF TO THINK AHEAD OF THE CURVE
TURN SOMETHING OLD INTO SOMETHING NEW — UP-CYCLE AND SELL THROUGH A UNIQUENESS FACTOR
DO THE OPPOSITE — STUDY AND BLEND CUSTOMIZATION AND PERSONALIZATION IN YOUR SPECIFIC INDUSTRY
INFUSE A DOSE OF VICE — RULES ARE RARELY FASCINATING, BUT BENDING THEM, VERY MUCH SO
EXPLORE THESE EMOTIONAL TACTICS TO RE-INVENT YOUR BRAND
MAKING A PURCHASE DECISION IS NOT A LOGICAL PROCESS, IT IS A PRACTICE IN EMOTIONAL EVOCATION
WHEN YOU ADD PASSION
Excite and entertain with messages that are: BOLD, IMAGINATIVE and UNORTHODOX
WHEN YOU ADD POWER
Invent robust ideas with messages that are: PIONEERING, STALWART and ENTREPRENEURIAL
WHEN YOU ADD PRESTIGE
Aspire to higher standard of messaging that are: CUTTING-EDGE, ELITE and PROGRESSIVE
WHEN YOU ADD MYSTIQUE
Inject wit and dry humor with messages that are: CLEVER, ADEPT and CONTEMPORARY
WHEN YOU ADD TRUST
Refine your legacy messages that are: PENSIVE, PURPOSEFUL and PLIABLE
WHEN YOU ADD ALERT
Structure your creativity with messages that are: PROLIFIC, THOROUGH and DILIGENT
THE WORKINGS AND THE DESIGN ADJECTIVES OF RE-INVENTION
THE WHY[S] of RE-INVENTION
1. Competitive advantage: Brainstorm how your re-invention can provide a unique competitive position for the brand in the marketplace.
2. Business alignment: How you differentiate yourself in the process of re-invention should be conceptualized around the key strategic focus of the brand and its goals.
3. Customers: Know the target audience who will benefit from the re-invention of your brand.
4. Execution: "Identifying resources, processes, risks, partners and suppliers and the ecosystem in the market for succeeding in the re-invention is equally important."
5. Business value: Assessing the value (monetary, market size, etc.) of the re-invention and how the idea will bring that value into the organization is a critical underlying factor in selecting which idea to pursue.
THE ADJECTIVES of RE-INVENTION (KEY POINTERS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN YOU DESIGN YOUR BOOTH AND GRAPHICS)
Surprising — Defy the expectation of your audience. If the norm is, to have a meeting inside the booth, you schedule your meeting in a close by hotel hospitality suite. If the norm is, to demonstrate your product in your exhibit space, you design a brain storming session as to what the ideal product should look like. Then, reveal your product with ultimate honesty.
Visionary — Re-inventive brands are prolific idea generators. Your exhibit design should be the ultimate example of your creativity and your insight. Re-inventive brands usually achieve multiple paths to success — leverage your exhibit design and it's message in various cross-channel marketing.
Entrepreneurial -- Re-inventive brands are always coming out with new ideas and projects. Design a story board of all the projects if you have done. Highlight your failures. Ask your audience, what would they have done to make it different. Start the conversation. That will give you new ideas to formulate new projects
Forward Thinking — The very essence of re-invention is, staying ahead of times. Before you exhibit, do a double take on your exhibiting property. Having dated exhibiting assets, gives the perception of a dated brand.
BOLD -- Being a re-inventive brand, you cannot afford to be be boring. In a distracted, commoditized environment, boldness is the language of your trade. Instead of trying to outdo your competition, focus on what makes you different. Boldly focus on where you and your product diverge from standard expectations. Unlike, other brands that like to cluster in the comfortable middle of the bell curve, you want to create fascinating experiences that elicit strong and immediate response. You want to skate on the edges of the map.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH ALL THE DESIGN ADJECTIVES!